written by Royce Pentaghast
edited by Carolyn Rutter and Damien Crompton
Royce has given us quite a dark little contemplative 2 parter and some new pictures 🙂
I’ve wrapped it in two soundscapes – one’s epic violins and soaring vocals Alex Doan’s ‘ Beyond the Horizon’ a heavier version of his ‘Between Mirrors’ . The other version has Kevin Macleod’s “Summer Rain”, which someone described as suitable for a samurai’s deathbed reflections. Here’s the first:
and the second
The male muse – is he really just there for our female Doctor’s amusement? The brief for this episode was Terry get taken as a slave.
Poor Terry functions as the script writer’s male muse – what situation can he man-ouvre into that is a galactic mile away from his nuveau-hipster urban comfort zone. If you have watched Breaking Bad think Jessie Pinkman. Kudos to Michael for the taking the punches and the falls as well as delivering a very natural performance.
- Narrator – Dian Smith
- Doctor: – Moira Seward
- Terry: her companion a 20 something male earthling – Michael Rutter
- Butler-Bot: service droid attached to the luxury suite of the QUESTR – Adam Brooks
- ALIEN POLICE 1 (Douglas Barbieri) and ALIEN POLICE 2 – part of the West King of Sandal’s armed forces (Damien Crompton)
- ALIEN VILLAIN – named Veedoo who is buying slave workers (Richard Butler)
- SLAVER – named Mindoo (Royce Gale/Pentaghast)
- MARKET SELLER – who has the stolen Questr (Adam Brooks)
- market walla – Carlos Anon
The credit roll now also includes 3 robots from http://www.fromtexttospeech.com as the alien police Harry, Daisy and Emma, and i’m really rather in love with Harry ( English male voices – don’t ask. )
Theme intro music courtesy Benjamin Rossiter
Beyond the horizon courtesy of Alex Doan.
all other sounds unless otherwise noted are licensed by attribution creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
sfx were made from this photo’s PIXELS into the Questr ‘shudder” for 12/13 (links to the coagula software on the shownotes from ep9 )